Friday, May 21, 2010

May 21st 2010

It is "Bike to Work Day"

Today's Distance: 35.5 miles
Route: Commute to work: took that 4-mile run trail I mentioned yesterday all the way to Rt. 66, then down to Rosslyn, then followed another biker on a round-about way in to Freedom Plaza in DC where there was another Bike to Work Day rally. Normal bike commute home.

The bike rack especially full. My bike&trailer are leaning against the wall in the back right of this picture.
Comments: I decided to do something different this Bike to Work Day, so after the pit stop in Alexandria (where I got a killer granola parfait that rode in my jersey pocket all the way in to work and enjoyed thoroughly once I settled down) I turned up 4-mile run trail heading the opposite direction from work. Usually on Bike to Work Day I will stop by the Crystal City pit but not this time! I took the long way and stopped at the pit stop/gathering in Rosslyn. Picked up a couple free water bottles, a dinger bell, and a reflective strap. Got more goodies at Freedom Plaza once I got in to DC.

On June 12 Alice and I will ride 100 miles as an incentive to our friends to contribute funds to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Click here to support us.

No comments:

Post a Comment