Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 20th 2010

Today's Distance: 20 miles

Route:

1) Commute to and from work from the Toyota Dealership on Rt 1. (14 miles r.t.)

2) Lunch-time ride to Theodore Roosevelt Island National Park (6 miles r.t.)


Comments: (had to take the van in for 30,000 mi. maintenance.) This shop is just off of 4-mile Run, where a nice bike trail extends from just South of the airport, through Shirlington, to the start of the W&OD trail. So it is a good place to start a commute from.

Lunch-time ride: A quick jaunt to somewhere I had wanted to visit for years now. Can't take bikes onto the island so I had never stopped there the many times that I had passed by. But with a parking lot just off of the GW parkway, and the bike path running right by, I think that this is a spot not-to-be-missed. It would make a fine picnic place. Sadly the fountains and pools are not filled, but it isn't too hard to imagine.


This is a closer shot than I took last weekend, pointing the same direction, towards Georgetown and the Key Bridge.

And in keeping with my theme of males and manhood this week, I thought that this quote was interesting.
On June 12 Alice and I will ride 100 miles as an incentive to our friends to contribute funds to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Click here to support us.

No comments:

Post a Comment