Thursday, May 13, 2010

May 13th 2010

Today's Distance: 27 miles

Route: Commute to and from work

Comments: More goslings on the river. This time a couple walking on the trail were appreciating them too.

This afternoon I attended a "Lunch & Learn" in our office on bicycle commuting. Two bike commuters from the 6th floor presented. There were at least 30 people in attendance. I got more attention than I had expected, but was happy to answer a few questions. Delicious food was served too, but I think that most of them were there for the discussion.

On June 12 Alice and I will ride 100 miles as an incentive to our friends to contribute funds to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Click here to support us.

2 comments:

  1. More attention because......? Fill in the rest of the story! Please! You are famous for riding in every day? Tell us! Please! I love reading your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I've been riding in to DC "every day" for more than 11 years. My example of all-weather riding encouraged one of these presenters to do the same. Sometimes on a rainy day people see me carying my gear out the door and ask "you rode your bicycle in today!?"

    ReplyDelete