Tuesday, May 18, 2010

May 18th 2010

Today's Distance: 34 miles
Route: Commute to and from work, to and from Alice's friend's house afterwards.

Comments: Goslings on the bank of the river, they are getting bigger. Near the trail was a group of 8 male mallard ducks hanging out on a soccer field North of Old Town. A pair of ducks flew past and up went one of the 8 in hot pursuit. He must have just realized it was not his day when I saw him give up the chase and veer off.

I was ready to pedal to work in the rain, but I got an emergency call from work as I was heading to our driveway. I had to take off my just-wet rain gear, pull my laptop out of my garbage bag-clad bag and didn't get out of the house again until the rain had stopped. It was still a cool ride.

On June 12 Alice and I will ride 100 miles as an incentive to our friends to contribute funds to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Click here to support us.

No comments:

Post a Comment