When riding in traffic...
When traffic is stopped and you are zipping along between the cars and the edge of the road, be ready for the unexpected!
1) Pedestrians can step out from the line of cars into your path. You will not see them, because they are hidden by the cars.
2) Beware of car doors! A few months back I hit the edge of a taxi door when the occupants thought they would take advantage of stopped traffic and hop out of the cab.
3) Watch out for cars pulling out of traffic! Yesterday I missed the back end of a mini cooper by 3 inches after it slipped between a tiny break in the stopped traffic. It was pulling into a parking lot entrance. If that car were any longer, I would have plowed into the back end. From now on, I will treat every driveway/parking entrance like an intersection where traffic can buzz through at any time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment