Comments: Alice was ok with me asking her cousins if they wanted to rid with me on Saturday. Stewart has taken me up on the request and has registered today!
So I am back on the tandem again so I can be as-used to this thing as possible for the ride. Although not as heavy as Stewart, I placed my bag on a make-shift rack to simulate some high-up weight. Two rods extend back from the rear handlebars to just behind the rear seat. An old couch cushion makes sure that my laptop has a soft ride. As my final nerdy touch, I fastened the flag from my trailer alongside the rear seat post.

My first self portrait, in front of the Washington Monument this morning. Really, I am just appreciating my new helmet that I got last night, cashing in my work program "healthy living" reward points at REI. Also got a new rear tire and a liner to make sure we won't have any flats this on Saturday. My last new helmet got eaten by the dogs after I had it for 5 months. So I had essentially been wearing the same helmet for 15 years.

This afternoon I picked up my packet, including the route we will ride. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that we will be riding down a short bit of Rt 522 in Rappahanock County which is just a mile from Nanny's house! We ride in from Hume on Rt 635 then left on Rt 522 at "mile 47.3" then
Here is the MS Ride t-shirt I picked up this afternoon. I love my new desk, away from the cubicle farm and a great view of the weather.
On June 12 my nephew Stewart Landbeck and I will ride 100 miles as an incentive to our friends to contribute funds to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Click here to support us.
No comments:
Post a Comment