Lucy and I have begun training for the 20014 MS Bike Ride, which will be on June 7th this year!
Click here to visit my personal page and support me
Since my last post, we have gone on a couple more training rides
April 19th
...we rode from home to the Temple in Kensington, MD and back again. Half of the way was along the same route as we took to Great Falls, then we continued along the Capital Crescent trail, an old railroad right of way. That turned into the Georgetown Branch Trail as we passed through Bethesda. We returned via Rock Creek Parkway, which is always an awesome Saturday ride, because Beach Drive is closed on weekends.
Distance 47.5 miles
Moving Time 3:17
Elevation 1147 ft
-----------------------------------------
April 11th
...we rode to Great Falls, on the Maryland side. We rode along the Mount Vernon trail to Rosslyn, VA, crossed the Key Bridge to Georgetown, then got on the Capital Crescent trail. After a mile we got up onto the C&O Canal towpath which I consider one of the best rides around. Great fun passing between the forested banks of the Potomac and the historic canal and its locks.
One of my favorite parts is where the canal widens out into a picturesque area and I wished I could soar out across the water.
Interesting to note that the 30 mile ride the day before with Grace was more tiring than the 47 mile ride with Lucy the next day!?

Distance 53.1 miles
Moving Time 3:30
Elevation 945 ft
-------------------------------------------------
April 10th
...Lucy was in school when I was itching to take a lunch time ride, so I took Grace across the river to Ft Washington. Two years ago when Hannah and I did the MS Ride, the route took us past the signs that led to this place and I was sad at the time that we didn't get to see the view I expected would be there. Grace and I decided it was definitely a place to bring the family to for a picnic.
From the West shore of the river, you can see how high this spot sits, so I shouldn't have been so surprised that there was a big hill leading up to the bluff where the fort sits. Oxon Hill Road, leading from National Harbor was rough and would not be comfortable during rush hour. On 4/9 I had tried this same ride during my lunch hour, but got a flat tire 8.9 miles into it.
Distance 29.3 miles
Moving Time 1:57
Elevation 1166 ft
Click here to visit my personal page and support me
Since my last post, we have gone on a couple more training rides
April 19th
...we rode from home to the Temple in Kensington, MD and back again. Half of the way was along the same route as we took to Great Falls, then we continued along the Capital Crescent trail, an old railroad right of way. That turned into the Georgetown Branch Trail as we passed through Bethesda. We returned via Rock Creek Parkway, which is always an awesome Saturday ride, because Beach Drive is closed on weekends.
Distance 47.5 miles
Moving Time 3:17
Elevation 1147 ft
-----------------------------------------
April 11th
...we rode to Great Falls, on the Maryland side. We rode along the Mount Vernon trail to Rosslyn, VA, crossed the Key Bridge to Georgetown, then got on the Capital Crescent trail. After a mile we got up onto the C&O Canal towpath which I consider one of the best rides around. Great fun passing between the forested banks of the Potomac and the historic canal and its locks.
One of my favorite parts is where the canal widens out into a picturesque area and I wished I could soar out across the water.
Interesting to note that the 30 mile ride the day before with Grace was more tiring than the 47 mile ride with Lucy the next day!?
Distance 53.1 miles
Moving Time 3:30
Elevation 945 ft
-------------------------------------------------
April 10th
...Lucy was in school when I was itching to take a lunch time ride, so I took Grace across the river to Ft Washington. Two years ago when Hannah and I did the MS Ride, the route took us past the signs that led to this place and I was sad at the time that we didn't get to see the view I expected would be there. Grace and I decided it was definitely a place to bring the family to for a picnic.
From the West shore of the river, you can see how high this spot sits, so I shouldn't have been so surprised that there was a big hill leading up to the bluff where the fort sits. Oxon Hill Road, leading from National Harbor was rough and would not be comfortable during rush hour. On 4/9 I had tried this same ride during my lunch hour, but got a flat tire 8.9 miles into it.
Distance 29.3 miles
Moving Time 1:57
Elevation 1166 ft

No comments:
Post a Comment